Author Topic: Shows you think about dropping or already dropped?  (Read 14331 times)

Chris

Re: Shows you think about dropping or already dropped?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:48 AM »
This end of the season mark is where I really think about what shows to delete/ditch. At this point I'm not sure if I should keep some of these shows that have 15+ episodes stacked on my DVRs or what as I like to have regular TV shows around to watch at the drop of a hat as they are always an easy waste of 25/45 minutes. Every year I take on a good 20+ new shows on top of the countless ones from the previous years(those that don't get cancelled anyway) so my DVRs are always heavy with something to watch. The only downside is when I hit this point of the season. I'm so far behind on shows and I have a huge backlog of them which I'm waiting to see if they get canned before I start them due to unresolved stories. Comedies and shows like CSI I can start from the beginning and if they get cancelled at any point I don't mind as much as a show with a long running mystery of sorts. On just one of my Tivos I have the ability to record 157 hours of HD. Right now I'm sitting at 103 hours of recordings and there are still a few weeks left in the season. Another Tivo only has 55 hours of HD recordings but it also has about 20 movies that aren't in HD and about another 20 hours of shows that again don't have an available HD channel or that I just don't care to record in HD(World's Wildest Police Videos for example). Altogether though between the 4 DVRs in my living room I have around 225 hours of HD shows to burn through and another 200 or so hours of other stuff. Once I see the fate of some shows I'll know how to trim that down.

I usually don't record much programming in the summer so that's when I get caught up with shows that I fall behind on from August-May. I have a few shows that are complete seasons that need to be watched so even though I do enjoy everything I watch I actually look forward to hearing about some cancellations.

Chris

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55:43 PM »
Last Resort is becoming boring to me after a great premiere. I'm giving it another episode or two before I pull the plug. I have been recording Vegas but the previews I keep seeing has made me lose interest before I even started it so that one is gone. And Modern Family is another show that's wearing thin for me. I used to really enjoy it but now I find myself messing with my phone or something while playing it as background noise so that one may get cut soon too.

Chris

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
Ditched(so far) either due to upcoming cancellation or just the fact I couldn't struggle through any more eps:

Last Resort - gave it 5 and bailed
666 Park Ave - only watched 1 and gave up
Vegas - never even gave it a try
The Cleveland Show - I'll stick with Family Guy

Chris

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 08:05:29 AM »
I need to do more deleting but can't decide on what. I seem to have lost my desire to watch so many different shows recently. The weird thing is that it's almost like breaking up with someone when going into that season pass list and hitting delete. :lol2:

Chris

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
I finally pulled the trigger on 2 of my long standing series, Bones and The Vampire Diaries. Between the 2 I had 37 episodes on the Tivos so I just cut them loose.

Chris

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
I'm contemplating dumping Arrow and Pretty Little Liars now. I have around 30 episodes between the 2 and even though the season is almost over where I'll have time to catch up I'm not sure if I want to just yet.

Chris

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 12:47:27 AM »
I just pulled the trigger on Pretty Little Liars. I had 23 episodes sitting on the Tivo and the suspicion that the whole "A" storyline is going to run for however many more years when it should have already ended so to hell with it. It's gone.

Chris

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 07:56:10 PM »
I'm glad I didn't delete Arrow. It's turned out to be a new favorite of mine having burned through 17 episodes in 2 days. I have 2 left which I'm going to watch in a few.

Now for removing more shows, as soon as I make my way over to another Tivo I'm deleting White Collar. I only have 6 to watch but I just have no desire to watch them so I'm going to ditch the show before I change my mind. I'm considering the same for Covert Affairs as well. I should probably dump Psych too since I have so many of those(12) but I'm still undecided on that one as I usually also marathon that show in chunks and the upcoming short season may be its last so I'm waiting that one out for a while longer to find out.

Chris

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
I tried giving Low Winter Sun a chance since it's filmed here but after 3 episodes I couldn't take any more so I just deleted the other 2 I had on the DVR and deleted the season pass.

Chris

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »
I just deleted Covert Affairs. I was 9 episodes behind and the second part of the season started up either this week or next so I just gave that show the boot. I could still afford to delete a few more but I'm down to pretty much all favorites at the moment.