Author Topic: The Official Windows 10 Topic aka Did the upgrade just nuke my computer or what?  (Read 38890 times)

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
Downloading it now.
I don't know how you like it with that Windows 8 or tablet style of start menu. I just use the more normal style.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
Wow and 2 minutes later it was done and I'm back up. Quickest update ever.

I do see a weirdness in the start menu. It seems to have changed the colors of it too.

Chris

I like the full screen start mainly because I can pin everything I use on a single page instead of scrolling through the list. I may start using the new start menu though because it gives both my pins and the list plus it doesn't have the weird transparency issue. For me it's just the default grey I set.

Chris

I started using the regular start menu with both the pins and the list last night. That weird transparency issue just bugged me.

Chris

I just had a weird issue. I couldn't type in anything in Windows. I'm talking about the search bar in the task bar, in file explorer, the Xbox app or anything. I still could in browsers though. I tried rebooting and it still didn't work. I start searching online and found a post about restarting MsCtfMonitor so I followed that guide and it worked. I then go to follow the second part which was to make sure the task was running in task scheduler and it wasn't there. Like at all. I then had to start looking into it deeper and found another page that guided me through creating a registry key to get it all up and running again. It was the weirdest thing. Have you ever experienced this?

I've rebooted once since I did this and so far it's still working and I can type in Windows boxes again so I'm hoping this is the end of it.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
Weird, never had that issue.

Chris

The update I just applied now has weather in the taskbar. You can turn it off but for now I kind of like it. If you hover over it you'll get news updates and more.

Chris

One thing I don't like about the weather in the taskbar is that when I want to see the full forecast it launches Edge despite Firefox being my default browser.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
Yea I got that update a week or two ago. I have it set to pop up on hover for my pc but on the wife's pc which is slower I turned the that off. If she wants she can click on it and then it pops up.