Author Topic: Roku Ultra  (Read 12021 times)

Chris

Re: Roku Ultra
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2021, 12:57:42 PM »
For batteries for the remote, get more Eneloops. :thumbup:

I have my audio set to auto as well. I saw that it listed DTS-HD and Atmos that way for me.

I do like that the new one supports Dolby Vision and Atmos because it's easier if I'm watching something on Paramount+ and then want to watch something on Netflix so I can just go there instead of switching inputs to go to the Shield since there is a lot of DV on Netflix now. P+ is also a lot better on Roku over the Shield because the Shield app does nothing but stereo sound even on movies with Dolby Vision and Atmos sound listed where the Roku has DD, DD+, etc for P+.

I only do Youtube on my Shield as I use an app called SmartTube which cuts out all the ads. I just can't use Youtube on the Roku because of all the damn ads. I'll be listening to a music video that's 3 minutes long and right in the middle of the song an ad will stop the song cold and that's after the forced ad before the song even starts. Screw that nonsense. I tried watching a Resident Evil play through once that the person did like a movie and ended up quitting after about 15 minutes because Youtube put in an ad every 3 or so minutes and it was the same shitty local lawyer ad every time.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2021, 04:58:52 PM »
I have more AA eneloops but don't have a reason to use them yet in the Roku remote. I got the batteries after I got that last new remote I believe and it came with a couple Duracell batteries so I used them and they are just about to die. Now the new remote came with another set so I am using them. After they finally go dead I'll slap some eneloops in them.

Chris

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2021, 12:32:10 AM »
About the only thing I use the in pack batteries for(if they're Duracell or Energizer) is my thermostat. My remotes will destroy regular batteries in a month or less but my thermostat can use them for around a year or so depending on how many times I turn the backlighting on. The no name ones get tossed because those 100% always leak and screw up the remotes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:37:02 AM by Chris »