Username: Password:

Author Topic: Now Buying  (Read 85790 times)

Chris and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
Re: Now Buying
« Reply #1940 on: June 21, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »
The roku ultra remote finally kicked the bucket. Ever since new it would unpair itself sometimes and you would have to remove the batteries and put them back in to use it. So I went and bought a new voice remote for it at Best Buy. Kind of surprised it was $29.99. I could have just bought another roku for that but I didn't need one and then it would need a remote as well if I used it's remote for the ultra in the living room.

Also dropped $3,000 for some new luxury vinyl plank flooring in the bathrooms and kitchen to be installed tomorrow.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1941 on: June 22, 2020, 12:23:32 PM »
Well that was a disaster with the floor company. They came out and the guy said they couldn't do the bathroom floors because there was tile at the bottom of the wall that had a slight curve out to it.  They said they rarely see that and they don't do anything but floors and don't mess with walls. They said they can't put any quarter round molding there because of the tile curving out at the bottom. :mad2: I thought this place was a professional flooring company in business for 70 years and they have never seen tile at the bottom of a wall?  :mad2:
Then they said the upstairs bathroom that the floor is sagging under the toilet couldn't be fixed by them because it might have water damage. No shit fools. The tile started coming up years ago and the toilet has overflowed since then and it has slowly sagged. It probably got water under the tile and caused damage. It has never leaked downstairs on the ceiling.
So I talked to the manager and he said they don't replace subfloors although the salesman said they do and it is right on the contract if any subflooring needs replaced it is $130 per sheet of plywood.

So after bitching about it I got him to lower the cost of doing the floors in the kitchen and laundry room. After I hung up I waited a while for the guys to come in from their van and do those floors. I got tired of waiting and looked outside and they were gone. I called the manager back and he said "Oh my fault I forgot to tell them to just do the kitchen and laundry room. They already left and staretd on another job so they can't come back out today." What a fucking joke.  :eek7: :bang:
We told them to just cancel the whole damn thing.

At least the guys repairing the porch seem like they are doing a good job. Our porch roof had a large hole in it which we found out when they reshingled it. The roofing contractor repaired the hole but the roof was sagging some and a porch beam was rotten.
The porch contractors here today pulled down the vinyl soffit and found more damage to a piece of plywood under the soffit and another board on the outside of the beam. They replaced all of it and rewrapped the beams with new white metal. Looks great. They should be done shortly.

Edit: They left around 2:30 and it looks so much better. The porch roof is straight again and the metal is shiny and new. I guess I need to slap a fresh coat of white paint on the columns and bricks at the bottom of the porch. The deck could use some new green paint as well.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1942 on: June 23, 2020, 01:17:28 AM »
When I had my roof done years ago we had a leak showing on the kitchen ceiling. There is a little backroom area where the backdoor is that has a separate roof from the rest of the house, kind of like a porch roof, and we thought it was coming from there because it was just outside of where the leak was. A roofer came out and gave it a look thinking maybe some trim between the wall and the roof was broken, missing or whatever but that all checked out fine so he got up on the roof(which is really steep by the way) and found a small hole towards the peak. He said the water was entering in there and just channeling through the beams and oddly ended up in the kitchen. When they came out to redo the roof we ended up needing to have almost the entire thing stripped and resheeted with new plywood. The entire roof was almost completely rotted out and the only thing keeping it from leaking everywhere was the shingles. It was a huge job that ended up taking a crew of 5 a full day when they originally figured it would only be a few hours. It looked so much better though when it was all done.

I have to redo my front stairs and railing soon too. A year or so ago one of my dads "lady friends" commented that my porch would have looked nicer if everything was white instead of the natural wood look it was so to make her happy he hired someone to paint it without my knowledge. I actually woke up and opened the front door to my porch being white and I wasn't happy about it. His little lady friend was jumping for joy because he took her advice which pissed me off even more. Then to top it off the idiot who he hired(some random neighborhood guy not a pro because he wanted to get her brownie points without spending much money) used interior paint which made it slippery as all hell when it got wet(nothing like putting my body at risk for a piece of fake imaginary ass) and it only lasted for a few months before starting to fall off and made it look like crap. Now everything is starting to rot because of it as well.
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1943 on: June 23, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »

Boltune Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD CVC 8.0 Noise Cancellation IPX7 Waterproof Earbuds with 16hrs of Playtime

I needed a new pair of earbuds that had newer Bluetooth in them for one. I last bought a pair back when I was still using my old HTC Rezound/M8 and they were only BT 3.0 I think and they were just getting old and the charge wouldn't last as long(I bought them 5 years ago). They also didn't stay in my ears all that great when it came to bending over to pull weeds or pick up something in the yard. I'm hoping these are better.

I got these yesterday and am trying them out right now and they are really nice especially compared to my older ones. They sound really clear and have a decent amount of bass to them. I can't really test the range because it's a bit late to be outside walking my yard to see if they reach farther than my old ones but I'll get to that later on. I also like how my phone reports the battery percentage on these. It didn't do that with the old ones. For $30.00 though as of now I think they were a good purchase.
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1944 on: June 26, 2020, 06:30:22 AM »

Boltune Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD CVC 8.0 Noise Cancellation IPX7 Waterproof Earbuds with 16hrs of Playtime

I needed a new pair of earbuds that had newer Bluetooth in them for one. I last bought a pair back when I was still using my old HTC Rezound/M8 and they were only BT 3.0 I think and they were just getting old and the charge wouldn't last as long(I bought them 5 years ago). They also didn't stay in my ears all that great when it came to bending over to pull weeds or pick up something in the yard. I'm hoping these are better.

I got these yesterday and am trying them out right now and they are really nice especially compared to my older ones. They sound really clear and have a decent amount of bass to them. I can't really test the range because it's a bit late to be outside walking my yard to see if they reach farther than my old ones but I'll get to that later on. I also like how my phone reports the battery percentage on these. It didn't do that with the old ones. For $30.00 though as of now I think they were a good purchase.

Update 2:

These are just as shitty as my old pair when it comes to being knocked out by the slightest obstacle in their path. I'm talking really bad here. If I put my phone on the hood of my truck sitting next to the house and then just walk around from the side to the rear of the house which would be about 15' they get choppy and stutter. If I sit on the driveway next to the truck but am below the phone it gets choppy. I'm talking about say sitting on the concrete at let's say the back tire with the phone sitting on the hood leaning up against the windshield of my 2 door short bed Dakota. To give a comparison here, the radio in my Chevy truck will pick up my phone sitting in the house for a few houses when I leave and is how I remember I forgot my phone on the couch or wherever because my phone connects to the radio before I drive off and then when I finally get out of range it cuts out.

If these have a 100% perfect line of site I can reach the very back of my yard before they start to cut out which is well over 100' but I can't just leave my phone in one spot to do this. I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy a really expensive pair to hopefully get the range I want.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1945 on: June 26, 2020, 06:32:13 PM »

Kimo 20V 1 inch SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill Kit
Kimo 20V 4.0ah battery (to have an extra)

I needed a new cordless drill and when I started pricing them I figured I might as well just get one of these instead. My old Black and Decker is an 18V Ni-cd type and the batteries were hard to find and were expensive if I did find them.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1946 on: June 26, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »
I bought this Craftsman drill a few months ago and I love it. The battery stays charged for a hell of a long time. Inexpensive and does what I need it to do.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1947 on: July 03, 2020, 12:36:14 AM »

Gibraltar Brunswick Black Post Mount Mailbox

We rebuilt my porch steps and railings over the last few days so I decided to finally retire my old as dirt barn looking mailbox for something different. I liked the look of this one the most out of what Menards had in the store so it's what I got.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1948 on: July 03, 2020, 12:44:05 AM »

Bosch 1/2 inch 3-Jaw Keyless Chuck with SDS-Plus Shank

This wasn't something I really needed because my new hammer drill came with a 1/2" keyed chuck. I just prefer a keyless chuck just for the ease of switching bits.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1949 on: July 06, 2020, 12:18:18 PM »

Bosch 1/2 inch 3-Jaw Keyless Chuck with SDS-Plus Shank

This wasn't something I really needed because my new hammer drill came with a 1/2" keyed chuck. I just prefer a keyless chuck just for the ease of switching bits.

So Amazon lost my package on this after it was being delivered for about 4 days. They sent me an email early this morning telling me it's lost and I could order a replacement or get a refund. I chose the replacement so they set up a new order and sent me all the info and stated they upgraded my shipping. Fast forward a few hours and I get an out for delivery email. I'm thinking damn that's fast but nope, it's apparently the original order from a week ago. Now I'm curious if I'm actually getting a package today or what since it's been lost since the 1st and now it's "found".