Username: Password:

Author Topic: Now Buying  (Read 91936 times)

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
Re: Now Buying
« Reply #1980 on: September 08, 2020, 07:20:16 AM »
Ring 3 Doorbell with free Echo Show 5
Extra Ring battery

I have no desire to buy and run a completely new security camera system right now so I just ordered an Amazon Ring 3 doorbell with the free Echo Show 5. That should hopefully work for me until next spring which is when I'll do a new security cam setup. I had to get an extra battery because my house doesn't have doorbell wiring so it's battery only for me.

I just want to see who the hell keeps knocking on my door after midnight so I hope this works.
I guess this was on a little sale because I got it(the Ring 3) for $158.00 shipped and I see it's $200.00 before tax now.
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1981 on: September 11, 2020, 06:44:44 PM »

I still have a half bottle of the original Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant that I bought in JUly 2016 but it is really thin and I think it has gone bad. So I bought a new bottle of the newer style with PolyCharger and a new looking bottle. Love this stuff

I am almost out of Beadmaker which is a great quick spary on and wipe off. Makes the paint shiny as hell and slick.

I got them from Autopia and I had a $10 off gift coupon and they are having a 15% off and free shipping sale so I got both for about $45 shipped

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1982 on: September 12, 2020, 09:27:56 PM »
Die Hard Gold H7 800CCA, 1000 CA 140 reserve from Advance Auto for $136.99 after tax.

Truck has been starting weak lately. I had a feeling I would need a battery soon and then tonight it wouldn't start for me when leaving Lowes. Luckily I had USAA save me after waiting 20 minutes for a jump.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1983 on: September 13, 2020, 01:18:02 AM »
That's something I need to look into as well because it's going to start getting cold soon and I really don't enjoy popping the hood when it's covered with snow to put my quick start box on it. I had a few problems with the battery last year but then they just went away so I never really thought about it since.
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1984 on: September 13, 2020, 06:29:21 AM »
I need to change the battery this morning but it sucks it isn't just a simple swap.

I have to remove the fender brace by unscrewing it from the fender, firewall and I think it is also screwed to the battery tray somehow. Then unhook the negative cable, unsnap the power distribution cover off the top of the battery, remove the positive cable from battery and distribution box. Then unsnap the distribution box off of the battery, pull it to the side, unscrew the battery hold down bolt then and only then can I try to manuever the battery by turning it sideways to get it out of the too tight space.

After that, squeeze the new battery back in and redo everything.

The truck being up so high complicates it even further.  :suicide2:

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1985 on: September 13, 2020, 08:20:40 AM »
Got it replaced this morning, took about 40 minutes to swap it out. Would have taken 5 minutes or so less but I didn't put the power distribution cover back on before I put the brace back on so of course it wouldn't go on. I had to unbolt the damn brace again, snap the cover on the bolt the brace back up.

What a pain that was to change. Luckily I had Youtube to help me.  Probably didn't really need to but I hooked up a battery tender to the power distribution block and negative cable anyways to give the truck power while I removed the battery. The hardest part was maneuvering the battery out of it's tight space.

Whatever happened to a simple battery replacement?  obfrank

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1986 on: September 13, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
The worst battery location I've seen is in my dads 99 Dodge Intrepid. It's basically located in the passenger side front fender. That thing is a major job compared to how cars/trucks used to be where you just drop it in and connect(like my Dakota).

It actually costs him more to pay someone to install the battery than the battery itself costs.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1987 on: September 13, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »
That's real nice to put it in the fenderwell with little vents to splash water and mud all over the battery.  obfrank

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #1988 on: September 17, 2020, 05:26:20 AM »
Zosi 8 channel PoE 5MP security camera system
Zosi 100' weatherproof ethernet cable
Zosi 65' weatherproof ethernet cable

I installed one of these Zosi systems for my brothers next door neighbor and it was a decent setup. It did use the standard BNC/power plug cables where the one I'm getting uses ethernet so the system itself should be fine for my needs and the ethernet connections will be so much better. I also didn't really need the extra two cables but since they were 25% off I decided to grab one of each just as a backup in case something happens to one in the future. This way I'll have it ready to go in that case.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #1989 on: September 17, 2020, 09:48:36 PM »
iphone 11 Pro 256GB midnight green
Rebel crystal phone case

I know I was saying before I need to watch spending but this actually saved me money. Our phone bill before today was $286 a month.
The phone is $300 off and I just paid off my iphone X.
If I got the iphone 11 it would be $10 less a month than the X was (although if I just kept the X it would have been even less, about $248 a month)

They wouldn't give the $300 off unless we were on a qualifying unlimited plan. We were on the first unlimited plan they had and we were paying $286 for 4 lines unlimited (reduced speeds after 22GB, although ATT never reduced speeds) and paying for 2 phones. They said our old plan didn't qualify.

So we switched to the Unlimited Elite plan and now the bill will be $251 a month that includes paying for both phones (mine is $300 off regular price). Now we have a 100GB limit per month before they may reduce speeds and also now we have a 30GB hot spot per phone each month. Also 5G (isn't even in our area yet) and  HD video streaming.

So switching dropped our bill$34 and I got a new iphone 11 Pro as well.

I almost got the 11 Pro max like my wife's but it is just a little too big at 6.5".  The iphone 11 Pro I got is 5.8" just like the iphone X was. I like the regular iphone 11 size which is 6.1"