Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2015 GMC Sierra  (Read 2699 times)

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
Re: 2015 GMC Sierra
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
I looked on EBAY and found a 23435023 GM stainless steel no logo exhaust tip for $39.70 after shipping. It is double walled slash cut and has a 4" opening. Bought it and it's only a state away so hopefully I'll get it pretty quick. Also snagged an AC Delco air filter off of Amazon. Those things are hard to find, nobody keeps them in stock except the dealer and I'm sure they want an arm and a leg.
Also scheduled a free oil change and a coolant exchange for $149 on Saturday. This will be the first time I've ever had the coolant changed but I want to keep these vehicles for a long time.
I sent a pic of my truck to a local vinyl wrapping place for an estimate on what it would cost to black out the chrome on the front and back bumpers. The guy wants me to bring it in. Someone I know with the same truck and year (his is a regular cab though) said he paid $300 for his bumpers to be wrapped.

I suck at Paint.Net but I made this to kinda see what it might look like...

And then I wanted to see what he grill would look like with the chrome blacked out...

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2020, 09:54:47 PM »
Well the seller on Ebay cancelled the order and said he no longer had one.
I found and bought another for $2.70 more from a more established seller but it says guaranteed by May 20 :(

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2020, 09:24:05 AM »
There's an all black GMC that runs around here and I love it. I'm talking black everything. He even blacked out the badges.
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
I like a little chrome on the black to give it some contrast. I don't like the black badging idea.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2020, 05:15:13 PM »
Got the coolant flushed and oil change done today. Tomorrow the air cleaner is supposed to arrive so I'll change it out tomorrow. The exhaust tip shows it will be here Monday via USPS.  :thumbup:

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2020, 05:23:51 PM »
Got the Exhaust tip in today and just installed it. It is for a 3" exhaust pipe on the 6.2L trucks so I was a little worried it wouldn't fit the 2.75" pipe on my 5.3L but some sites said it does fit the 5.3 and 4.3 as well.
I had to tighten it down really hard but it did work and looks great. This thing is heavy and feels and looks to be outstanding quality.  :thumb-up11:
Also when I unwrapped it I thought they had sent me a bigger tip, it looked huge  :laugh1234:

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2020, 05:32:38 PM »
Looks good. :thumbup:
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2020, 06:42:36 PM »
On the way to work this morning the truck started running rough and the check engine light started flashing and the stabilitrack light stayed on (which means it is off).
I continued to work but I staretd thinkling that I had just filled up at a BP station the day before so I thought it may be bad gas. I drove down the street to Autozone and got some Heet and put it in but it still ran like crap.
I made an appointment at the dealer to have it checked out this Thursday.
I drove it home still running like crap and lights still on. I hooked up my Diablo tuner to read the code and it was P0305 which is a cylinder 5 misfire.
I looked it up online and a common issue seemed to be a loose spark plug wire. I thought no way in hell could it be that simple but I looked up which cylinder was #5 (It was right beside the oil dipstick) then went out to the truck and as soon as I touched the wire for cylinder 5 it just fell off the coil. I had a hard time seeing under the plastic cover to get it backl on the coil but finally pryed the cover up enough to see and plug it back in.
I cleared the code and took it for a drive and was happy to have power back and no lights flashing.  :banana:

I am guessing when they last changed the oil a little over a month ago maybe thye knocked it loose since it was close to the dipstick? Who knows but I'm just glad I didn't waste money taking it to the dealer.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2020, 08:02:31 AM »
Just imagine too that the dealer probably would have made it into a huge deal so they could have charged you a bunch of money in the end.