Username: Password:

Author Topic: I seriously hate 2020, hurry the hell up 2021 [RIP 89X]  (Read 49 times)

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
I seriously hate 2020, hurry the hell up 2021 [RIP 89X]
« on: November 19, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »
For the last damn near 30 years 89X has been my go-to for rock music on the radio. They just announced that after all these years they are now going to be a country station. Every damn station I've listened to over the years has done this. Play classic pop? Country now. Play classic rock? Yep, country now. Detroit radio is going to be nothing but country and rap soon enough. :thumbdown:
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
Re: I seriously hate 2020, hurry the hell up 2021 [RIP 89X]
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »
Country and rap seem to be the same thing now.

I like older country and older rock. I don't like any rap.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 06:38:46 PM »
We have one "decent" rock station left but the issue with it is that for hours a day in the morning it's nothing but talk. Then when they do play music I find I'm just not hearing a bunch of stuff I like compared to 89X. I could put that station on and for every 10 songs I may not like 1 or 2 of them. With the other it was more like 5 or 6 out of every 10. I just can't do country music at 5am when I want to blast something to wake up. Years ago we had a station that was completely awesome. It played almost everything except country unless it was a form of rock country, not the bluegrass kind of country. I mean you could hear Motley Crue, Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, Ratt, Run DMC, Roxette and more in the span of an hour. That was my second go-to if I was out of range for 89X. Sadly that station decided Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton were a better choice for Detroit and went country. Another station went from pop to rap and hip hop.
Missing: 1 signature. Last seen running away screaming after seeing a pair of 34D's turning into 32A's after a bra removal. If you see this signature please contact the nearest law enforcement agency immediately as it has been traumatized immensely and can be quite unstable due to this. Please do not approach this signature unarmed because it is unknown as to how it will react. To prevent this issue from happening in the future please stop wearing overly padded bras.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
  • Chuck Norris approved
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 04:29:43 AM »
I don't even listen to local radio stations anymore. I listen to the 60s, 70s and 80s radio stations on Sirius XM.

Chris

• Wanna go cheese?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 10:43:47 AM »
I have almost 60GB of music on my phone that I stream to the radio but I do still like listening to the radio stations because that's how I discover many new bands.