Author Topic: What the hell Google?  (Read 61 times)

Chris

What the hell Google?
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:23:42 PM »

Sorry for the huge image but what in the holy hell? That damn app used up my entire month of data in a day. I got an alert from Xfinity about my usage and when I thought it was weird because I'm only 5 days into the month I saw this. I'm now being throttled like crazy(it's basically 1G) and none of my apps work for shit on data like my Ring. I have 3 weeks left on this period so this really pisses me off because while I can use WiFi at home this does nothing for me if I need an app while I'm out.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
Re: What the hell Google?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 03:18:26 PM »
You have Xfinity for mobile data? I never even knew they had mobile service.

I just checked and between 4 of us we have used 5.2GB in the last 5 days.
I hate AT&T customer service but I like their service. We have the Unlimited Elite plan which says after 100GB in a month they may slow down the speeds. We have been past that limit before but I have never seen them slow it down.
The grand daughter that kept pushing it over the limit finally got on wifi at home after I helped her resolve an issue with her iphone being slow on wifi so we rarely get close to that limit now.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 09:42:23 PM »
I have Xfinity because it's $45.00/month with unlimited talk/text/data(just not 4G unlimited) because I have their internet at home. They use Verizon's system which has always been good here which is a plus. My monthly data usage is less than what the Play Store used in the day which is why I stumped about it. Way back in Jan I updated a bunch of apps and such and I used 19GB total for the entire month. I imagine I got throttled because they probably figure I was downloading movies or something because 20GB is a huge amount of data for a single day. I usually average 10-15GB a month but have had months where I used less than 5GB for the entire month.

Chris

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 10:36:08 PM »
I just ran a speed test on my phone and I'm getting barely over 1MB. I get to deal with this for 3 weeks. :thumbdown:

Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 05:33:28 AM »
I couldn't decide on which topic to put this so I just chose this one. I was looking at Xfinity and they have a new unlimited plan where the 2 phones on it(mine and my dads) can be upgraded to their new Ultra Wideband 5G and at the same time drop the monthly bill by $10.00. Since I will at some point have a 5G phone I'll have to do this switch to go with the Ultra 5G over the regular 5G since it's even cheaper. I doubt Ultra 5G is in my immediate area right now but it's more of a locking in the price kind of a thing. I imagine once more people buy into 5G(and join the alien democrat mind control group ;)) the prices will go up.

I'll just have to keep closer tabs on the damn Google Play Store app because if I can download at 20x faster speeds with 5G I'll hit my limit in a matter of minutes instead of a day.