Author Topic: What is up with Prime shipping lately?  (Read 65 times)

Chris

What is up with Prime shipping lately?
« on: April 30, 2021, 10:06:04 PM »
Almost every order I've placed had the "order in the next 10 hours and get it tomorrow" label yet when I place the order nothing happens on shipping for days. Why say I'll get it tomorrow and then sit on the order for days? That isn't tomorrow. A good example is the phone case I ordered earlier today. It said I would get it tomorrow before I ordered now it's this Monday. It's been this way for about the last 10 or so orders. It's not that I'm in a hurry and need these things the next day or whatever but it does annoy me to tell me I'll get it when I won't.

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
Re: What is up with Prime shipping lately?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 02:23:12 AM »
Same thing happening here.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 04:27:59 AM »
So here's a new issue that actually has me pissed off right now. Last week I bought an open box like new phone(which I did before for someone else and it ended up being brand new) and received an order number, etc. It said it was going to ship today and now today after getting an Alexa alert that I'll be getting it today they just cancelled the order saying they don't have stock. How was it in stock when I bought it but now the day it's shipping they don't have it? I thought ordering something in stock reserved that item which is why you get an order number and all.

To add insult to this I went ahead and ordered a few cases with some coupon codes that I'll get today along with a new Samsung wireless charger that I'll also get today after I got the "your order of cellphone will arrive today" from Alexa. The charger isn't a big deal because I can use it with my S8 and it will be better than the one I currently have because the Samsung is fan cooled where the one I have now isn't. It's the cases because now that I used the coupons they are gone so I either send the cases back and pay full price for them again later(if I end up finding the Ultra down the road) or I keep them since they were only a little over $25.00 for both.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:17:37 AM by Chris »

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 06:32:19 AM »
Not sure what is going on with Amazon.

I am really sick of how everything is going since this pandemic. Shortages, masks, slowness of orders even drive thrus. A lot of the fast food places around here have signs out saying hiring for all positions and they are slow as hell. I am guessing most people don't want to work because it's easier to sit around and draw unemployment and get the same pay.
The Sonics half the time don't even let you order at the stalls, they tell you to go through the drive thru. Now I hear there may be a gas shortage due to not enough fuel truck drivers. (D)
Can we please get back to normal already?  :cry2:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:35:04 AM by betterdan »

Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 07:27:51 AM »
Funny you mention fast food and help wanted signs. I didn't feel like cooking last night. I saw that it was going to rain for the next few days so I decided to mow the backyard despite feeling like crap before the rain makes it grow even more. With the new mower I didn't struggle with the actual mowing which was nice but I did still have my usual health issues while cutting. It was I think an hour later and I did 3 pauses in that time for at least 10 minutes each to catch my breath and let the heart rate slow down a little. I was just exhausted by the time I was done. I was up all night prior but I wanted to get an early start to beat the heat since it was in the 80s yesterday so I stayed up until I could start cutting at a little after 8am. After I was done I went inside and fell asleep maybe an hour later.

I woke up and like I said I didn't feel like cooking so I just went to McDs. The first one I went to had a now hiring sign. I get to the window to order and the guy says they're closed. It's drive-thru only here by the way. I then head to another one down the road and also see a sign there. Weirdly that one was also closed and it was completely dark. I head to a third one and it also has a sign. It's open but there were at least 30 cars in line so I just said screw it and drove over to BK. They also had a sign. I pull up and go to order and they were closed. I asked the guy what's going on and he says nothing why. I mention all the closed McDs and them also being closed and everyone having help wanted signs. He says "oh that, we're just taking applications so when we can open we'll have inside staff again because we don't have that now".

I figured everyone quit or something in this area because I've never seen so many different locations closed all at the same time. Needless to say I had to come home and cook even though I didn't want to. My favorite though right now is all the bs "surcharges" on carryout. I was going to get a pizza last week. It was carryout instead of delivery because I'd rather spend $1.50 of my own gas going there over paying $6.00 for a delivery charge. I go to order online and apply the coupon they had and was then hit with a $5.00 surcharge. It was a Covid charge. Not for anything specific just because they can type of thing. The pizza was only $7.00 so I ended up skipping that order because I'm not paying a bogus Covid charge almost the same price as the food I'm ordering.

It's over a year later and it's still ridiculous. I miss 2019 life and the time before everything went crazy like it is now.

I've been contemplating going over to Amazon chat to bitch about the phone nonsense because it's bs but I doubt they'll care one bit.

Chris

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 08:25:56 AM »
Amazon chat is annoying me. Person is saying someone else may have bought it at the same time I did and they somehow didn't notice until this morning. obfrank This order was placed last Wednesday so I don't buy that. Then to make it all better they gave me a $5.00 credit. :lol2:

Gee, thanks Amazon. :bananafu:

betterdan

• Banned Mofo
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 08:40:36 AM »
So why were 2 McDonalds and Burger King closed? What time did you go? Most of the McDonalds around here are 24 hours.

Chris

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 09:11:07 AM »
It was about 10pm and I have no idea why they were closed. I've never seen that before. Sure I went to one before that was closed because they couldn't accept payments or something but I never did get an answer why they were all closed last night. Other than the one McDs I went to everything is also 24hr. The other one normally closes at midnight because it's a McDonalds Classic.

This is the actual one not just a random picked similar building.

Also, notice on the sign(if you can make it out). :D